Audiologists and Ethnicity

mikey gandalf at infi.net
Wed Dec 18 21:28:02 EST 1996

Spbraj <spbraj at aol.com> wrote in article
<19961219005200.TAA06760 at ladder01.news.aol.com>...
> What does the Audiology community (the majority are of Northern or
Western
> European Ancestry) in the United States believe to be the role of
minority
> Audiologists?

To provide honest, reliable, knowledgeable service to the hearing impaired.
What else?

Maybe I'm missing something here, and don't mean to be offensive (I know, I
know), but what exactly is a minority audiologist? We are all in the
minority among those in the medical field by a long shot. We are not (yet)
recognized as an entity by the Feds, we are struggling in many places to
achieve the status accorded automatically to psychologists, optometrists,
and others by the Blues and other third party payers. If that ain't a
minority, then what is the definition of minority?

If you are speaking of a racial difference, I have never heard of one, and
being in the South would have, if there were a difference in the roles of
different races.

--
mikey (%^ )