commonly used drugs and hearing loss

RGNorton18 rgnorton18 at aol.com
Sat Dec 21 16:21:58 EST 1996

I'm interested in information on the potential adverse affects on hearing
of some of the more commonly used presciption medications used by the
elderly.  For example, does Lasix have an affect on a persons hearing?  I
feel that many patients can accept the notion that ageing can have a
dramatic negative affect on hearing.  But I sense from some (a few) that
they think that medication does have a definatimpact on their hearing.
Dito for noise, childhood ear disease.  What medications , if any, have
even a subtle affect on hearing or discrimination.

Always looking for information to impart to my patients(but without
stepping on the precribing MD"s toes)

Merry christmas