short frenum and normal speech

mani9860 at cslab.engr.ccny.cuny.edu mani9860 at cslab.engr.ccny.cuny.edu
Tue Dec 31 00:01:04 EST 1996

I am an adult who speaks normally with no speech
impediments whatsoever. But I have a short frenum,
I know this because when I protrude my tongue, there
is a notch at the tip of the tongue due to the short
frenum holding my tongue back. If I go get the frenum
cut to allow the tongue to have more freedom in doing
things not related to speech like being able to lick
ice cream, lick the outer parts of my lips without
having to suck in my lips so the tongue could reach it.
Would the cutting affect my otherwise normal speech?