Need advice on new aids

CTB1954 ctb1954 at aol.com
Fri Feb 2 06:10:02 EST 1996

In article <Pine.A32.3.91.960201161332.26542A-100000 at yu1.yu.edu>, Joseph
Danto <danto at yu1.yu.edu> writes:

>Yes, I explained professional time/expertise etc but it just wasn't
>worth the agida.

The irony in the "fair state of New Jersey" where both Dr. Danto and I
dispense hearing aids, is that the Law leans toward unbundling. We "have"
to itemize the price of the aid, ear mold, etc. & "Dispensing Fee" on the
sales contract.  Most dispensers (except for clinics and where requred to
do so by Medicaid or Voc. Rehab.) bundle the Disp Fee back in by stating
"included" on the sales contract.  I tell my patients that they have
purchased a "Service Contract" with the purchase of the hearing aid.  The
service contract is for a period of X year(s) and includes A, B, C, & D
services at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.  I  encourage them to avail themselves
of these professional services because "you have already paid for them in
the purchase price of the hearing aid".  If anyone balks at the "Service
Contract" concept, they may purchase the hearing aid from me at a reduced
price, but they dont usually stay my patients for long when they see a
bill waiting at the front desk for them each time I clean the wax out.

Craig T. Barth, M.A., CCC-A
Audiologist NJ Lic #113
Hearing Aid Dispenser, NJ Lic #532