cerumen management

Michael W. Ridenhour gandalf at infi.net
Tue Feb 13 18:55:55 EST 1996

Sallie, I do cerumen management, for the reasons you mention and also as a
service to patients who don't want to pay a physician $85. I charge
$25 for the service, and always tell folks that I can usually get
out easily removed cerumen, but to understand that I will not hesitate
to insist upon a medical referral if anything unusual occurs or is
found during the procedure. No one to date has refused to allow me
to remove cerumen from their ears. Of course, I do not attempt removal
on people with bleeding disorders (you have to ask), children and
skittish people. I use nothing but a cerumen spoon, a halogen hunting
headlight, facial tissues and nerve.

Good luck, and don't try to think it to death, just DO IT!

Michael Ridenhour