cerumen management

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Thu Feb 22 02:06:50 EST 1996

In article <4gf5k8$35v at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, ctb1954 at aol.com says...
>I have not invested in a vacuum (suction).  Has
>anybody out there?  When is that better than curette &/or lavage?

We do use the "vacuum" when removing very soft cerumen, especially when it
is deep in the canal.

But, we also use the vacuum every day to remove wax from ITE hearing aids.
It works wonderfully well!!! Just stick it up the sound tube and "Presto"!
The wax is gone!

Paul Woodard ;-)
Des Moines Iowa USA

All of our ITE/ITC patients receive a full size toothbrush in the kit we
give to them along with instructions to use the toothbrush (dry) every night
to brush off all earwax from the hearing aid. It is an effective tool for
keeping these hearing aids from having to go to the repair shop! We also use
the wax springs in every ITE/ITC aid. I carry a supply of the tiny springs
in a battery carrier in my pocket!