handicap of unilateral HL

DAVID H. LEWIS dhlewis1 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Wed Jan 3 10:59:59 EST 1996

I have been asked by our state vocational rehab dept to help them
justify paying for services to a young man with a complete unilateral
hearing loss since with his one good ear he does not fit their usual
qualifications...we have talked about poorer speech understanding,
particularly in background noise, and localization problems but this is
not sufficient for them...they are asking for a more specific estimate
of "degree of handicap" caused by unilateral loss...anyone with access
to VA guidelines for % of handicap??? or other info???  thanks.

Mary Lewis, M.A. CCC, FAAA