Distance Cues

DanMauney at aol.com DanMauney at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 17:51:46 EST 1996

Thank you for your responses.

I am currently using a electret cardiod microphone and this undoubtedly
helps.  I will look into ways to tighten the pattern.  I have also performed
some preliminary experiments outdoors, but the ambient noise was too loud and
my extension cords limited such that the results were somewhat ambiguous.  If
I get a chance, Iwill try to take some measurements in an anechoic chamber
which will settle this issue once and for all.  And, I will be happy to pass
it along, once determined.

I would also be happy to continue the acoustics side of this conversation by
e-mail or on the acoustics site.  How do I find this site?

Thanks again for your responses.

Dan Mauney