Maybe acupuncturists right

Ron Blue rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU
Thu Jan 4 21:34:49 EST 1996

On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Loren Randolph wrote:
> I noted something interesting today, while sitting at my desk between
> patients. I was touching my left palm with an opened pair of scissors,
> and I noticed that, every time I touched the palm or fingers in two
> places simultaneously with the scissors points, there seemed to be an
> acoustic reflex- I could sense my eardrum move. This only happened
> when I actually touched the hand, since I tried ruling out the
> movement of the right hand as the cause. So I stuck a  tymp probe in
> the right ear, and elicited a repeatible and very definite  (witnessed
> by another audiologist) negative deflection on the bridge, Only
> happened in the right ear, not a binaural thing. There have been
> reports that negative deflections come from tensor vs stapedius
> contractions. Wierd, huh?
> Loren
Wierd?  Not really.  Just additional support for correlational
opponent processing.  If you want a copy let me know.  Ron Blue
Abstract:

The correlational opponent-processing theory is a neuro homeostasis
integration psychological immune theory that would connect phenomena
such as sensation, perception, movement, habituation, memory,
representations, learning, cognition, personality, psychopathology,
paradoxical integration, emotion, and evolution of the mind under a
unified theory.

Perception/learning/cognition may be viewed as an effort to assimilate
and accommodate all experience into neuro-energy-efficient
eigenfunction equivalence or quasi-holographic correlational opponent-
processing recordings.

Stimuli causes brain wave modulations which interact with carrier or
reference wavelets.  This interaction creates a quasi-holographic
stimulus wavelet.  The opponent-process creates an opposing quasi-
holographic memory wavelet.  Through this process the correlations or
associations of experience are encoded to memory.  Every wavelet,
regardless of source or type, triggers an opposing wavelet.  The
function of the opposing wavelet or feedback is to diminish the
intensity of neural processing.  A wavelet potential is stored or hard
wired as long-term potentiation opponent-processes in nerve cells and
the interconnections between nerve cells.  The wavelets are quasi-
holographic and allow recovery of information due to the interaction of
reference carrier wavelets and stimuli, thought, motor movement, and
emotional arousal.

Outline:
       Discussion
       Neuro Net
       Quasi-holographic wavelets
       Habituation/immunization
       Memory
       Representations, copies or models
       Learning/Cognition
       Personality
       Sensations and Perceptions
       Movement
       Emotion
       Evolution
       Tools
       Implications
       Conclusion and applications from COP theory
            Discorrelation
            Education
            Biophysical
            Intelligence