CMV

dybala at utdallas.edu dybala at utdallas.edu
Fri Jan 5 17:52:18 EST 1996

DAVID H. LEWIS (dhlewis1 at IX.NETCOM.COM) wrote:
> I am looking for specific info re: progression and/or fluctuation of
> severe/profound SNHL-cmv etiology. I have a 7 year old patient with
> known prenatal cmv infection experiencing progression from moderately
> severe to severe loss in only functional ear...any references would be
> helpful.  Thanks!

> Mary Lewis, M.A. CCC, FAAA

I don't know the reference but I know that Tom Littman a
Ph.D. audiologist at Texas Childrens Hospital in Houston
has been doing a lot of research on asymptomatic CMV
and the progression of hearing loss in these children.

He presented some data last year at AAA and I noticed that he
is presenting more info this year at Salt Lake.

I am not sure though if he has published any of the
data. If you can't wait until april
you might try calling down there and asking for some info
if you know anyone down there.

Good Luck

--
Thank you for your support,