Hearing Aids Quality

Jeffery D. Thomas jdthomas at erinet.com
Wed Jan 10 21:46:40 EST 1996

Hi.

In general, how long do BTE hearing aids retain their overall quality?
I've had mine 5 years and just recently had them repaired.    While
they were being repaired, I used a pair of new loaners from some
no-name brand.   I could tell a difference in sound quality in that
the loaners sounded much better than my old ones, even after the
repairs.     This leads me to believe that maybe my old BTEs have
degraded in quality over time.     After getting my old BTEs back,
everything sounded 'flat', if you know what I mean.