audiology student project

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Sat Jan 13 01:41:14 EST 1996

I received this some time ago and was not sure which way to head with it. If
anyone has any ideas, please pass them along to these folks..

Jeff

>I am a teacher at Oregon Episcopal School, Portland, Oregon.  I obtained
>your names and e-mail addresses from an informational BIOSCI post.
>
>One of my students, Nathan, who is deaf in both ears, is working
>on a freshman research project on hearing aids. He would like to figure
>out someway to reduce the problems of moisture in hearing aids. He has
>done a goodly amount of library and telephone research.  He would like to
>figure out how to coat a hearing aid with a material (perhaps a polymer)
>in such a way that the moisture could be reduced. He knows about the
>Goretex covered aids. He also has to figure out how to cut down on
>moisture from condensation inside the hearing aid.  He several good
>ideas.
>
>Would you know of someone in an audiology dept who would be willing to
>act as a sounding board for this young man and perhaps offer
>suggestions?  Nathan has an e-mail address at our school.
>
>I appreciate any consideration to this request.
>
>Rosa Hemphill
>hemphill at teleport.com

* Jeff Sirianni                        *
* University of Texas at Austin        *
* Communication Sciences and Disorders *
* sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu           *
* jgsaudio at aol.com                     *