Need advice on new aids

Holger Lillqvist lillqvis at cc.Helsinki.FI
Mon Jan 15 09:26:56 EST 1996

Ward R Drennan commented on another posting:

: >4) One of my few complaints about the T95 is the poor performance of the
: >telecoil.  Are there any aids of that power level with a good telecoil?

: I'm sure you can find something that will please you.

Hm, I wouldn't be that confident. In my experience, selecting a new aid
has always been a rather frustrating affair exactly because most aids have
poor telecoils. I can't understand how people manage at work - and at home
too - without decent telecoils for phone talk. It seems to be no
coincidence that the T95 was paired with a Widex in the other ear. For the
last ten years I have also used Widex aids, and not least beacuse of the
strong telecoil (and the practical MT -position, missing on many aids:
when talking in the phone you hear if the doorbell is ringing, or somebody
talking in the room).

When do aid manufacturers learn to give this question serious attention?