audiology student project

Dave Parkin dwparkin at mmm.com
Mon Jan 15 13:57:08 EST 1996

>>I am a teacher at Oregon Episcopal School, Portland, Oregon.  I obtained
>>your names and e-mail addresses from an informational BIOSCI post.
>>
>>One of my students, Nathan, who is deaf in both ears, is working
>>on a freshman research project on hearing aids. He would like to figure
>>out someway to reduce the problems of moisture in hearing aids. He has
>>done a goodly amount of library and telephone research.  He would like to
>>figure out how to coat a hearing aid with a material (perhaps a polymer)
>>in such a way that the moisture could be reduced. He knows about the
>>Goretex covered aids. He also has to figure out how to cut down on
>>moisture from condensation inside the hearing aid.  He several good
>>ideas.

Is the student looking for different materials or devices that might seal a hearing
instrument?  Could you be more specific as to the objective in coating the hearing
instrument?

Dave Parkin
Senior Product Development Engineer
3M Hering Health
St. Paul,  MN
dwparkin at mmm.com

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of 3M.