Hearing aid batter

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 21 13:51:02 EST 1996

In article <4dt8fb$plr$1 at perth.DIALix.oz.au>, eddywa at perth.DIALix.oz.au (Wayne Eddy) says:

>As zinc is a very reactive substance in an environment it begins to
>decompose releasing electricity that your hearing aid or any other
>appliance can use.

As a follow-up, I have a question... Is it OK to put activated batteries
in a Dri-Aid kit overnight?  I recently read that the drying action also
caused the batteries to diminish in their lifespan.  Is this true?

Need to tell this to my folks using Dri-Aid kits ....

Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
University of Texas at Austin
Communication Sciences and Disorders
CMA, 2nd Floor Clinic