topics on the AuD

George Cire gcire at icsi.net
Sun Jan 21 10:06:22 EST 1996

It's my guess that the decision to "upgrade" admissions requirments was
made by non-audiology faculty and staff.  The Baylor AuD program is
housed in prestigeous Medical School.  Again, my guess is that the
admissions standards are being held up to those of the applying medical
school students.  As far as chemistry is concerned,  for those who apply
to various allied health fields as Physical Therapy and Occupational
Therapy, pre-professional course work is the same as that of other
Biomedical pre-professional courses, ie. Pre-Med.  Look at the admissions
requirments for Optometry school sometime.(AuD is modeled after OD
somewhat)

If the professional degree AuD will fly in the long haul some of this
will be necessary.  For some one who is already an Audiologist or is in a
current Masters program, it's a bit scary.

George Cire