Pay & Benefits Audiology

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Sun Jan 21 14:08:24 EST 1996

>In article Jeff Sirianni talks about starting salaries for CFY students...
>
>I recently saw the word "Amen" used on this list! Let me say it this time!
>
>AMEN!
>
>Thanks, Jeff!
>
>Paul Woodard
>Des Moines IA
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Jeff, I could be a "devil's advocate" (Moi? Certainly not me!) and bring
>to your attention that physician's are paid horrible wages during their
>"residencies." When you calculate that they work 100 hours a week for a
>pittance, it comes out to less than minimum wage! Some day they need to
>reform that system too! How comfortable do you feel when you are being
>treated in the emergency room by a physician who has already worked 24
>hours without rest prior to seeing you? It happens in residencies!
>Audiologists do not need to duplicate this! Yes, I liked your post!

Sounds to me like you are watching too much ER... :-)

My problem stems from the fact that a CFY, earning a meager salary is less
likely to want a substantial increase after obtaining their CCC.  I am in
that boat right now, but I asked for and got a good salary as a CFY because
I knew I was well worth it.  I am expecting a decent raise now that my CFY
is completed.
* Jeff Sirianni                        *
* University of Texas at Austin        *
* Communication Sciences and Disorders *
* sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu           *
* jgsaudio at aol.com                     *