Hearing aid batter

Wayne Eddy eddywa at perth.DIALix.oz.au
Wed Jan 24 10:29:05 EST 1996

Jeffrey G. Sirianni (sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu) wrote:

Well I bet you thought you had me there. :)

ThI have been lead to believe that the zinc-air batteries that you
are describing actually decompose faster when moist or in a humidenvironment
such as northern Australia.  To these areas we supply Mercuary batteries
that require no oxygen to react with.

So .... I guess that the dry aid kit is less humid and may reduce
the .... that should be may not reduce the zinc air cells life.
However ... heat increases the batteries decomposition and the
Dri Aid kit is also a warm environment!  I think the batteries
should be removed all the same.
:

:

:x
: In article <4dt8fb$plr$1 at perth.DIALix.oz.au>, eddywa at perth.DIALix.oz.au (Wayne Eddy) says:
:
: >As zinc is a very reactive substance in an environment it begins to
: >decompose releasing electricity that your hearing aid or any other
: >appliance can use.
:
:
: As a follow-up, I have a question... Is it OK to put activated batteries
: in a Dri-Aid kit overnight?  I recently read that the drying action also
: caused the batteries to diminish in their lifespan.  Is this true?
:
: Need to tell this to my folks using Dri-Aid kits ....
:
: Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
: University of Texas at Austin
: Communication Sciences and Disorders
: CMA, 2nd Floor Clinic
: Austin, TX  78712-1089
: sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
: jgsaudio at aol.com
--
T   R   U   S   T              N    O              O   N   E