audiology pay&benefits

Sally M. Whitson swhitson at OMNIFEST.UWM.EDU
Thu Jan 25 07:30:12 EST 1996

Just a note on the topic of CFY audiologists accepting low pay.  I think it is
important for them to comprehend that most organizations have a "scale" for
the progression of salary increases.  For example, in our organization this
year, pay increases averaged 3 to 4% for good performers.  Most large
organizations will not deviate from their scales, NO MATTER HOW EXCEPTIONAL
THE INDIVIDUAL'S WORK MAY BE.  This means that if a CFY starts at $15K and
gets the "standard" incremental increase, they will make $15,600 in their
second year as a Certified Audiologist.  The morale of this post is for CFY's
to realize that in many organizations there will be no HUGE pay increases once
certification is achieved.  Therefore, IT IS IMPORTANT TO BEGIN A PROFESSIONAL
POSITION AT A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL OF PAY.

Sally Whitson