Frequency Range of Hearing (question) (fwd)

Tony Woolf tony at howl.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 18:51:44 EST 1996

In article <199601211903.NAA14491 at moe.cc.utexas.edu>
           sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU "Jeffrey G. Sirianni" writes:

> I don't think we've ever discussed the practice of high-frequency
> audiometry in this group.

I'm not an audiologist but I do know one who is testing above 10kHz.
Also an organisation which is testing above 10kHz when screening its
new staff.

However I understand that there are no proper standards for
audiometric earphones at these frequencies so it is only possible to
compare between people tested with the same equipment.

Am I right in this?

--
Tony Woolf