(none)

Thomas Wardzala wardzal9 at mailw.starnetinc.com
Thu Jan 25 19:42:48 EST 1996

In article <9601232355.AA28440 at rosnet.strose.edu>,
mehtav at ROSNET.STROSE.EDU (Vanessa Mehta) wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I was told from Christine Tlougan at webmaster at sconcept that you
may have some
> information for a report that I am doing.  The subject of my report is
on OAE:  Oto-
> acoustic emissions.  Please send me any information that you have and/or
a place that
> may be able to provide with information on this subject.
>
>                                                 Thank you,
>                                                 Vanessa Mehta

Vanessa....

Hopefully you have come to the right place.....OAE's are actually sounds
generated by the middle ear in response to stimuli.....OK the easy way to
think of them is as an echo coming from the cochlea in response to sound
or spontaneously.....there are three kinds of OAE's....spontaneous
(SOAEs), transient (TOAEs) and distortion product (DPOAEs).  TOAEs and
DPOAEs are currently in clinical use......I am not exactly sure the name
of the person that developed their use, but I know that he was an
electrical engineer that used to work with oil companies using echoes to
find oil deposits....I also know that he is the holder of the patent on
TOAE testing.......

I could go on, and I will get you some refs, but my resources are at
work.....will give them to you if you'd like.

Drop me a line if you want more.....and to those critics out there, let me
know what I got wrong.

--
"What?.....WHAT???!!!!....heheheh"
Pee Wee Herman