audiology pay&benefits

Thomas Wardzala wardzal9 at mailw.starnetinc.com
Thu Jan 25 19:46:35 EST 1996

In article <9601251227.AA14692 at omnifest.uwm.edu>,
swhitson at OMNIFEST.UWM.EDU ("Sally M. Whitson") wrote:

> Just a note on the topic of CFY audiologists accepting low pay.  I think it is
> important for them to comprehend that most organizations have a "scale" for
> the progression of salary increases.  For example, in our organization this
> year, pay increases averaged 3 to 4% for good performers.  Most large
> organizations will not deviate from their scales, NO MATTER HOW EXCEPTIONAL
> THE INDIVIDUAL'S WORK MAY BE.  This means that if a CFY starts at $15K and
> gets the "standard" incremental increase, they will make $15,600 in their
> second year as a Certified Audiologist.  The morale of this post is for CFY's
> to realize that in many organizations there will be no HUGE pay increases once
> certification is achieved.  Therefore, IT IS IMPORTANT TO BEGIN A PROFESSIONAL
> POSITION AT A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL OF PAY.
>
> Sally Whitson

Another thing to keep in mind is not to settle for those low paying
positions that think that CFYs are too lowly for decent pay, or at least
benefits....If you have to starve for a while before you can find a
position that respects your knowledge and education instead of working you
like an undernourished mule, then starve, or at least diet for a while,
and work on your...."Would you like fries with that?"

Comments, flames appreciated.

--

Tom Wardzala, MA/CFY-A
wardzal9 at mailw.starnetinc.com