Need advice on new aids

Chf seat chfseat at aol.com
Sun Jan 28 06:31:14 EST 1996

Actually, it probably needs to be discussed, There is a current debate
between our audiology dept. and our billing dept.  should there be charges
for follow-up visits past one or two visits ???  The current reimbursement
structure dictates that we often receive the invoice price for the hearing
aid plus a $200 dispensing fee. This is a marginal profit margin for time
spent.   It would it be feasible to charge differently ??? From an AR
standpoint, followup visits are most important, but isnt our time worth
somehting, and AR worth being reimbursed ??? The debate goes on... has
anyone tried other billing strategies ???