CFY pay or any pay

David Lloyd lloyd_dr at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 29 22:36:01 EST 1996

 Sorry to be late getting in on the pay issue, but I agree on waiting
for or negotiating a good starting salary. Failure to do so is not a
fault of just CFYs however. WE had an experienced person come to our
town a few years ago, failed to ask anyone else what the going rate
was, and underpriced herself by about 50%.
  There are lots of ways to value your time, but the market varies
greatly. For comparison, our school district has two positions open at
starting pay of about $36,000. Low pay for experienced folk, but not
bad for a CFY. Also includes benefits.
   I've mentioned it before, but get to the library and read "How to
make $1000 a minute" by Chapman. He explains how to negotiate price,
find out market worth, etc.

Susan Lloyd
Las Vegas, NV