Pay & Benefits Audiology

Michael W. Ridenhour gandalf at infi.net
Mon Jan 29 22:07:12 EST 1996

> Michael,
> I completely agree with you.   But I would hope that once someone
> *does* earn their C's, a substantial (ok, adequate) raise would
> be offered.  How do you feel about that?
>
> -Laura at too.many.people.looking.for.a.free.ride...go.out.and.earn.it!

After one gets gets her/his C's, a frank talk with the administrator
or whoever is in charge is in order. I believe a good, compassionate
audiologist will draw patients into the facility. I was able to show
a 25-40% increase in the patient load in my first two years at a local
ENT hospital. I asked for and got a 50% raise, with more to come. If one is
pompous and concerned about his "value" before proving it, he will
be constantly miffed and will eventually leave the field. Or become
a fighter for the status quo, and try to stop the Au.D. from
becoming the norm, as most Ph.D.s are trying to do. I just wonder
how many classes in physics and chemistry most of those phonies
have.

Michael