OAEs...your opinions?

Thomas Wardzala wardzal9 at mailw.starnetinc.com
Tue Jan 30 21:37:05 EST 1996

In article <4ejh0n$6tk at newsgate.dircon.co.uk>, emission at dircon.co.uk
(David T. Kemp) wrote:

> I agree
> It's strange isnt it how peoples opinion of something new is based on
> what they want it to be - and not what it is.
>
> OAEs  were always something new to add to audiological knowledge
> The problemI have is that many good, well trainied audiologist dont have
> a good grounding in basic science and physiology
> The see OAEs as a 'test' , or as a machine and not as a poorly understood
> phenomenom.
>
> David T. Kemp
> emission at dircom.co.uk

I could not agree more......people are not ready to accept new things, and
are too 'difficult' they are afraid and put it down.....they fail to see
the usefullness and importance of OAE's and instead see them as ANOTHER
thing to learn

--
"Noboby with a good car needs to be justified....and I'll tell you why....I've come a long way since I believed in anything, and I've been half-way around the world....where you come from is gone, where you thought you were goin' weren't never there, and where you are ain't no good until you can get away.....Let's hit the fuckin' road."

Tom Wardzala
wardzal9 at mailw.starnetinc.com