Speech in Noise

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 8 13:53:55 EST 1996

In article <Edina1996Jun4.093328.12973 at news3.compulink.com>, lockmar at idirect.com says...

>Can anyone recommend a journal/ book /particularly instructive
>article dealing with issues of enhancing intelligibility of
>speech in the presence of noise. For example problems associated
>with aircrew speech recording on a flightdeck/cockpit or heavy
>equipment (earth movers/mining macinery) operators
>communications.
>Thanks, Tony Orton, Lockheed Martin Canada.

Tony,

As someone who has "trudged" through this material in the
past, I would recommend doing a Medline search with "speech"
and "noise" as keywords.  Be sure to include pre-1960's work
done by the USAF.  Some of the findings may be hard to find.

I will send you a reference listing via private email.

--
Jeffrey Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A  @(((<{
Sound Advice / R.G. Delaney, MD
sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu