Using a neckloop with an audio cassette

mark ross markross at UCONNVM.UCONN.EDU
Sun Jun 9 20:42:50 EST 1996

I ordinarily plug a neck loop into an audio cassette when
listening. Quality not nearly as good as with earphones, but if you use
hearing aids with good "T" coils you can get pretty good reception
(though it will be a diotic signal). You can also try two silhouette
indctors with an stereo adapter (one to two plugs) and get a
separate signal to the two ears (though I find too much distortion
this way). You can be fancy and try the forgoing with direct audio input
to the two aids. The limits in any of these arrangements is the nature of
your loss and how the performance of your hearing aids.