Laboratory Equipment Suggestions?

jneuhoff at ix.netcom.com jneuhoff at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 8 02:35:54 EST 1996

I am a perceptual psychologist just finishing my Ph.D with a
specialization in auditory perception.  I have recently accepted a
faculty position and have been given about $10,000 to equip my
laboratory.

I am looking for suggestions as to the best way to equip my lab.  My
research interests are in the perception of sound sources in motion,
auditory localization, dynamic frequency and amplitude modulation and
3-D virtual auditory displays.

Are there any pieces of hardware/software that you find particularly
indispensible?  The lab I currently work in has very little equipment.
I am using a synthesizer with a MIDI interface to present stimuli and
collect data.

Even the most basic suggestions would be welcomed.  I currently have
about $5,000 earmarked for computers but this is flexible.

Thanks,

-John
jneuhoff at phoenix.kent.edu
John Neuhoff                e-mail: jneuhoff at phoenix.kent.edu
Department of Psychology    Phone : 216-672-2166
Kent State University       FAX   : 216-672-3786
P. O. Box 5190              WWW   : http://phoenix.kent.edu/~jneuhoff/neuhoff.htm
Kent OH 44242-0001