ABR/OAE Dilemma

Tucker Stevens ats2c at CURRY.EDSCHOOL.VIRGINIA.EDU
Fri Mar 15 10:47:27 EST 1996

Here is a situation that some of you working with OAE's  may have run
into.  I now have three kids that have come through our NICU that have
failed our ABR screening.  On retest they have shown anything from flat
line ABR's at 90dBnHL to responses around 70-75dBnHL. As part of our
rountine before amplification all kids are tested with EOAEs.  All of
these kids have robust emissions bilaterally across a wide freq. range.
Assuming all tests are accurate how should these patients be managed
given normal OAEs and abnormal ABRs?  Any info would be helpful!

Sean Kastetter
Medical College of VA Hosp
Richmond, VA

SKASTETTER at GEMS.VCU.EDU