ergonomic studies of the ear canal

dybala at utdallas.edu dybala at utdallas.edu
Tue Mar 19 12:33:43 EST 1996

David G. Delage (dgdelage at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> Has anyone done any studies on shape/layout of ear canals?  Most
> importantly, I am interested in knowing the average angles into the
> head and up or down.

> If anyone can point me to a paper or study, or if anyone has the
> answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

> Thanks,
> Dave

You need to talk to the President of Hearing Components Inc.
Dr. Bob Olivera
The snail mail address is 1354 Helmo Avenue No. Oakdale, MN 55128

I saw a presentation that he gave this past summer
where he has combining CT and MRI imaging techniques
so show the shape of the ear canal.  Very Interesting!

There has been othr research that was done by taking
ear impressions with jaw open vs. jaw closed but I don't
know the reference.

I have a link off of The BLAH (The Big List of Audiology Hyperlinks)
that has some CT images of the ear but they are mostly of the temporal bone.
The BLAH is off of my home page below!

Good luck!

--
Thank you for your support,