Madsen Aurical and SPL Audiometery

CTB1954 ctb1954 at aol.com
Wed Mar 20 02:06:43 EST 1996

In article <4ink15$kbm at monet.ICSI.Net>, gcire at icsi.net (George Cire)
writes:

>Subject:	Madsen Aurical and SPL Audiometery
>From:	gcire at icsi.net (George Cire)
>Date:	Wed, 20 Mar 1996 00:33:40 GMT
>
>I read with great interest the recent article in Hearing Jounal about
>the Loudness scaling procedure and the SPL audiometery feature of the
>Aurcial.  I was told the there are approx. 100 Aurical's now in use.
>Is anyone have any experience with these features of this Audiometric
>workstation?
>
>Thank You
>
>George Cire, FAAA
>Victoria Regional Hearing Center
>Victoria, TX
>gcire at icsi.net

George and Bionet.Audiology:

I have had my Madsen Aurical for three months.  My main use of the
Audiometery module has been in HL (headphones) and not SPL (inserts).
However, the minimal use of the loudness scaling has been interesting but
not directly applicable to the instruments I am currently dispensing.  I
hear that Danavox currently directly imports that information and ReSound
may soon.  In fact, Aurical's loudness scaling protocols are similar to
(but not identical to) ReSound's current LGOB scaling protocol.

I too, would be interested in hearing from someone who has had more SPL
and loudness scaling experience with the Aurical.

Craig T. Barth, M.A., CCC-A
Morristown, NJ
a.k.a. <ctb1954 at aol.com>