ergonomic studies of the ear canal

Shelley Duncan shellrd at expert.cc.purdue.edu
Fri Mar 22 16:42:50 EST 1996

There was a doctoral student at Purdue that did her dissertation on the
effect of jaw position on the shape of the ear canal.  I don't have all
the details, but I think basically what she did was to take deep canal
impressions on subjects with varying sizes of bite blocks in the
subjects' mouth and compared the changes between and across ear
impressions (dimensions and such).  I don't know if this is what you are
looking for, but I can try to get you more information if you would like
(I think you may be able to obtain a copy through the university, but I
am not absolutely certain).  Hope this helps!
						Best of luck,
						Shelley Duncan
						shellrd at expert.cc.purdue.edu