Help with hearing aids

Hears2U hears2u at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 00:48:43 EST 1996

Paul makes a good case for hearing aids costing more than $800 but.......

It escapes me where the extra $1000 dollars comes from for the
"technologically superior" aids.  I personally don't spent THAT much extra
time with patients wearing those aids (in fact often times I spend much
less).  So the argument that the user is paying for the professional time
really is starting to wear thin.  Even at "attorney fee rates" assuming 3
additional 1 hour office visits, the difference would amount to 1/3 of the
difference.  Yes, the manufacturer charges more (not always justafiable),
so there's an additional 100 or so......There is still $600 to be
accounted for.  Could it be that rent is due and business is down????
Let's put the concerns of the hearing impaired back as a priority.  I
believe in high tech but as a small time manufacturer myself I KNOW high
tech can still be dispensed for $800.  It will mean that competition puts
some of the dispensers out of business so those who are left have more
business enabeling profit margins closer to that of most other industries.

David Laszlo
Portland, Oregon
 Hears2U (David)