Hipro & Noah HA Fitting software/hardware - queries

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Wed Nov 6 03:01:59 EST 1996

{Tony Dwyer writes:}

>I am interested to hear of others experiences with the Noah
>software.....definitely have bugs which can cause the
>computer to hang (lock up) both in Windows 3.11 and in Win95
>environment - this has been acknowledged by some of the HA Companies.
>The concept of the technology is brilliant and must by it's nature
>ensure high quality fitting results, however our experience and that
>of a number of other users I have spoken to leaves one thinking that
>there is still a long way to go.

Thanks Tony for bringing up this topic.  I am considering a new fitting
and progrmming system using Hi-Pro and Noah, but have hit several roadblocks
when it comes to getting straight answers from hearing aid companies...

My thoughts (which may be erroneous) are as such:  With Hi-Pro and Noah, plus
a PC-based Real Ear system in a multi-tasking setting (ie Windows 95 or NT),
can one go between real ear program and programming program (Noah)?  I'm SURE
there are bugs out there, which may cause the system to lock-up, but are
the Noah software developer working on cleaning up these bugs?

I guess my feelings stem from a recent conference which I attended.  The
manufacturer was promoting their new programmable aid to be used with a
PC-driven real ear machine (not a stand alone PC).  I got "stiff-armed"
when I asked about fitting and adjusting another line of programmables
which we dispense.  I got pretty frustrated and said "forget it".

Is there anyone out there who uses a stand alone PC, in a multi-tasking
environment, that incorporates real ear and programming software in a
fairly successful fashion.  Please send your suggestions....

Jeff

* Jeff Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A           *
* Sound Advice / R.G. Delaney, M.D.    *
* 710 Water Street / Suite 404         *
* Kerrville, TX  78028                 *
* (210) 896-1433                       *
* (210) 896-1440 FAX                   *
* audioman at hctc.net                     *