Aud. Hallucinations/Serzone

F. Travis Milliken milliken at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Thu Nov 7 01:12:22 EST 1996

Possible side-effects of the antidepressant Serzone have popped up
twice in two patients two weeks. Both had taken the meds for about 1
mo.at 300 mg each day. Patient "V" complained of fleeting vertigo only
and but was finally bed-ridden for two days before he ceased taking
his meds. Audio and ENG wnl.
  Patient "H" was having what I feel were auditory hallucinations at
the time I saw him. Negative test results. He appeared alert, in fact,
seemed hyperaware of his senses and body. Affect was fine and he was
supercalm about the voices and music he said he hears for 3-4 hrs.
post medication.

Please share any experience with balance and "hearing" and Serzone.

                 Thanks,
                      Travis