Hipro & Noah HA Fitting software/hardware_queries

Gary Gams MrHiggins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 7 00:15:51 EST 1996

Not all software is created equal...And odds are that we won't have a crashless system for many years to
come...but...In order to be able to deal with the on-slaught of new technologies we must somehow unify the
systems to work in the least restrictive environment...We all must learn to save our work on a regular
basis...This will still not always work...but...with each problem we learn more...We are past the beta
stage....It's time to jump in if you want to grow with it...This rep you speak of really doesn't seem to be a
source of intelligent information...We use Noah...We use the Resound module as well as Oticon/3M-Sonar/
Phonak/Starkey and look forward to even more integration...Noah is really only one use for our computers and
feel the investment in time and money will only keep us at the edge...I don't feel we stand to lose
anything....The systems work most of the time and if the patient is told ahead of time that this is new...We
may have problems...but...we will solve them...It really helps to let them participate in the fitting rather
than just sit there...Noah may not be the answer but it is the first system to unify so many major
manufacturers...We need to work with these companies as well and to give them the feedback so they can grow and
learn...The more we all work together the quicker some of the current problems will be solved...Only to leave
room for all the new problems ahead...This method works...I'm sure...Otherwise we'd be dispensing Conch shells
and Ram's horns...Oh well...Sorry to rant...GG