Hipro & Noah HA Fitting software/hardware - queries

David G. Delage dgdelage at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 6 22:31:31 EST 1996

Here's some answers to your questions:

>My thoughts (which may be erroneous) are as such:  With Hi-Pro and Noah, plus
>a PC-based Real Ear system in a multi-tasking setting (ie Windows 95 or NT),
>can one go between real ear program and programming program (Noah)?  I'm SURE
>there are bugs out there, which may cause the system to lock-up, but are
>the Noah software developer working on cleaning up these bugs?

I can't speak for the specific questions about the Noah developers,
but it should be possible (assuming all the software exists) for you
to switch between the Real Ear system and the Programming system.  In
fact, the way you want to multitask these programs, even Windows 3.x
will work.  You essentially want to interact with both programs at
different times.  The multitasking that Windows 95 and NT provide are
more powerful for doing two things at the same time (like
spell-checking a document while reading your e-mail).

>Is there anyone out there who uses a stand alone PC, in a multi-tasking
>environment, that incorporates real ear and programming software in a
>fairly successful fashion.  Please send your suggestions....

There exists (I'm not sure what the availibility of it is, though) a
Real Ear system that integrates the Hearing Aid programming system
right into the software, so there is no need to switch to another
piece of software to do the programming.  If you want any more info,
let me know.

-Dave
--
David G. Delage