AIT Mechanism; Aging/noise damage

Brian Sandle bsandle at southern.co.nz
Sat Nov 9 09:55:31 EST 1996

L&S (L&S at helping-hands.demon.co.uk) wrote:
[...]

: I fully agree that this needs a clear diagnosis and a doctor's opinion
: should be sought.

Thanks, I think there was also confusion over the removing of the problem
with the middle ear bones. It seemed to me that the people thought that
the sound would free them up, but it must be that it is trying to
overcome the results of lacks in early learning because of seized up
bones at that stage? They had said it was mentioned that great care would
be taken.

 But regarding AIT, there is considerable evidence and
: research studies to show that using AIT only about 22% of people with
: ADD, Autism, learning disabilities etc. have a major improvement. Keele
: University are planning a research project on AIT only early next year.
: However by combining AIT with a Sound Modulation System and Light
: Therapy the rate of success jumps to 44%. We have assessed the results
: of several hundred children and the documentation is available. Let me
: know if you are interested in seeing the Newsletter just off the press.

It seems from the http ref that perhaps sound modulation is being used.

No hyperacusis is present here. Does the success rate depend on which of
the several types of problem are in evidence?

Brian Sandle