batteries in fridge

Art Mines amines at CSL.NORTHLAND.AC.NZ
Sat Nov 9 16:34:01 EST 1996

Is there any authoritative truth to the local lore that if one stores
hearing aid batteries in the refridgerator they will last longer?

I suspect this may have been true for mercury batteries.
Do we really know if this is true for zinc air?

I note that Jeff and a colleague in Australia had a discussion in Jan?
about moisture and hearing aid batteries.  I think they concluded not to
leave them in a drying kit.  Has anyone communicated with the battery
manufacturer's on this?

If someone has easier contact with the battery manuf than I, how about
making contact??

Art Mines
Dilworth Audiology
2/27 Rust Avenue