batteries in fridge

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Mon Nov 11 00:03:29 EST 1996

amines at CSL.NORTHLAND.AC.NZ says...

>Is there any authoritative truth to the local lore that if one stores
>hearing aid batteries in the refridgerator they will last longer?

I've often wondered what the "facts" are??? I do know that back in the
1940's when my family first became involved with hearing aids, they used
zinc carbon batteries and those batteries had a very poor shelf life, so
they were kept in the refrigerator. However, I'm not so sure this might be
true today.

Good question. Hope someone comes up with the really correct answer.

Paul Woodard ;-)
Des Moines IA USA