hearing loss from music

aerobiguy at aol.com aerobiguy at aol.com
Sat Nov 16 01:49:23 EST 1996

Does anyone have any experience, or can cite articles, on maximum sound
levels in aerobics classes, or hearing loss from same?

I've got the OSHA guidleines, which say A weighting, slow response should
not exceed 105 dB for 1 hour, but this seems very high. I've got a sound
level meter and I'm about to conduct a survey to find the most enjoyable
sound levels in aerobics classes. Most of these participants say they're
more motivated with louder music.

There's an interesting thread (loud music) on misc.fitness.aerobic.

Steve