AFA's Au.D.

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Sun Nov 17 22:39:16 EST 1996

"mikey" <gandalf at infi.net> writes:

>You really ought to get a law degree, Paul. You are such a legal expert.
>You may be one of those guys who would turn in to the local board a
>fellow........

>I apologize to you, Jeff. You are so worried about people disagreeing
>about anything.......

>> I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO NOTE:
>> (ahem)
>>
>> In all of the cases below the earned entitlement was done
>> through a UNIVERSITY of A STATE LICENSURE BOARD. Hence
>> it it legal to use the designator as Doctor.

I'm sorry, but Dybala's response and comments are accurate and do not
deserve such a reactionary response.  He provided accurate information to
the group and in such a manner that misinformed partipants could easily
understand.

The issue of the AuD is quickly becoming a argumentative topic. (For those
on the ASHA listserve, you know what I mean).  There are many audiologists
who don't know the differences between the proposed AFA, AAA, and ASHA AuD.
plans.  Paul's clear description of the AFA AuD. plan was surely appreciated
by anyone who did not know exactly what their plan was (case in point).

Let's keep the AuD. discussion to a point-counterpoint format, rather than
attacking someone for providing information.

Jeff

* Jeff Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A              *
* Sound Advice / R.G. Delaney, M.D.       *
* 710 Water Street / Suite 404            *
* Kerrville, TX  78028                    *
* (210) 896-1433                          *
* (210) 896-1440 FAX                      *
* audioman at hctc.net                       *
* Moderator of bionet.audiology Newsgroup *