Audiology/slp

milliken at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU milliken at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Tue Nov 19 18:34:54 EST 1996

J. Siranni wrote to C. Hughes:
> I recommend getting hands-on exposure when you are an >UNDERGRADUATE that way you don't have to switch over when
>you are in a graduate program. The unfortunate fact is that
>many programs do not expose their >students to real "trench" work >until they are in graduate school.

How true. And ASHA discourages clinical training experience at
the undergraduate level. After many years, the stories from aud grads about how/why they switched to audiology still amaze me.
For a reality check spend a workday with a practicing audiologist.

Travis