Dr. Bill

mike heardoc1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 21 01:45:31 EST 1996

It seems that we are always referencing MD's when talking about our
AuD' We have to remember that two MD's with the same title of Dr. can
also have different levels of education and experience. Someone who has
never done a triple bypass can still call themselves a Dr. even though
they don't have that experience or aren't versed in the proper surgical
techniques. Education and requirements change and with that new
expectations of Audiologists, but we can't hold back growth in our
profession just because their are Audiologists who aren't current. An
earlier article mentioned "grandfathering" which a lot of professions
have done to promote the growth of their profession. This isn't a "they
did why can't we" attitude, but more of a precidence type issue.

Mike (not Mikey)