AFA's Au.D.

Robert Pluta rpluta at GTE.NET
Thu Nov 21 17:55:32 EST 1996

Good one, Clark.

I've only been an audiologist for a handful of years. I agree there is
indeed, *lots* to learn and lots to keep up with. The process of
establishing the AuD is difficult. However...

--we are health care providers
--we are experts in hearing, hearing disorders, and aural rehab
--our patients call us *doctor* even when we introduce ourselves otherwise
--no one *really* cares what we call ourselves except audiology and ASHA;
not ENT, not John Q. Public.

We've got better things to haggle about than the AuD...like...mangled care!

Didn't Rome burn while Nero fiddled?

rob

At 7:00 AM +0000 11/20/96, Clark Gailey wrote:

>the nation's colleges of pharmacy to develop a degree transfer process
>for B.S. degreed pharmacists.  They further stated that, "for current
>B.S. degree pharmacists whose colleges do not provide degree transfer,
>PHARMACY'S PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS WILL DEVELOP AN INSTITUTE FOR THE
>PUPOSE OF GRANTING A CERTIFICATE OF PHARM D. EQUIVALENCE." (taken from
>APhA, ASHP and NARD Release "Joint Statement on the e Entry Level Doctor
>of Pharmacy Degree", Press Release 11/91)

Rob Pluta               "The truth is the light, the light is the way,
Brandon, FL 33511       the less folks know, the more they have to say."
PGP Public Key at:      --The Remains, c.1966
http://home1.gte.net/rpluta/index.htm