AFA's Au.D.

sdsmaccca at aol.com sdsmaccca at aol.com
Thu Nov 21 17:42:16 EST 1996

Jeff:

I appreciate your comments and look forward to your postings.

I have a problem with your reference that $750 buys your doctorate.  I
have carefully reviewed the AFA credentialing application.  It seems to me
that if "Dr. Bill" had not performed an ABR in 15 years or did not know of
the existence of otoacoustic emissions, he would not have been awarded the
Au.D. credential.  The AFA application requires proof of clinical
experience and continuing education--Dr. Bill, in your scenario, would
need to lie about his experience and provide false documentation of same
in order to obtain the credential.

Steven D. Sederholm