Spamming in the Newsgroup

Steve C steve927 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 21 15:14:35 EST 1996

>>I was recently advised by the Bionet/Biosci administrator that if we want to
keep the spam posts (ie. "Make Fast $$") out of bionet.audiology that we
should consider going to a moderated format whereby Susan and/or myself
would be responsible for weeding out unrelated postings before they go
out
to the general readership.

I would like to hear from anyone who agrees or disagrees with going to
this
format.  Please reply in the newsgroup or email privately.<<

Hi Jeffrey. When I was in the process of ruling out Chiari Malformation
[what a hoor that is] I joined a newsgroup on it. If I recall correctly,
one could read the messages, but had to be authorized to post.

If that is the case, I think that would be the best way.

Regards,

Steve Conlon