Digital?

Tony Dwyer tdwyer at ibm.net
Fri Nov 22 05:36:15 EST 1996

MrHiggins at worldnet.att.net (Gary & Anne Gams) wrote:

>Well it's been more than 6 months and I'm wondering where you all stand
>on the digital question...Personally we have fit a few dozen DigiFocus
>with mixed results...I certainly believe digital is the future but
>wonder if we need more time to refine the paradigms...We have seen some
>problems with the first batch of instruments but as always Oticon has
>stood behind everything with quick exchanges and great customer
>support...We have also demo'd the Digi and ended up fitting the patient
>with Resounds which is still our most fit device...We've also had
>success with the Phonak Zooms as well...The demand for CIC's seems to
>continue and we are really exploring finding a company with some good
>performance statistics...Especially in the area of breakdowns...We’ve
>just meet with the Maico Bernafon rep who tells us the wax buster used
>on the Microfocus from Oticon will be soon used on their programmable
>CIC...Well that’s it for now...GG

Good question - we too would be very interested in others findings
with the DigiFocus and also the Widex Senso, these are currently the
only digitals available in NZ (are there any other models around the
corner?) We have only recently commenced fitting both models. It's
interesting that Widex have used the technology with digital bells and
whistles (continuous frequency sampling/adjustment and anti feedback
bits and pieces) whereas Oticon have used the technology to precisely
match a hearing loss, it would be interesting to know how these
different approaches are perceived by the users - any info out there?
Regards Tony Dwyer