Licensure

Gyl Kasewurm gyl at parrett.net
Wed Nov 27 17:54:58 EST 1996

I am an audiologist in Michigan. We are one of four states without
licensure for audiologists. In upcoming weeks, the FDA will be sending down
new regs that suggest that audiologists should be the licensed
professionals conducting audiometric evaluations for the purpose of
obtaining hearing aids.  This leaves Michigan in a rather awkward
predicament. Michigan's governor Engler is very anti-licensure.  However,
we really need to take steps toward achieving that goal.
Have any of you been in similar situations?  Have any of you interviewed
and hired lobbyists?  If so, how did you go about finding a good one?
Also, if you are in a state affiliate, how does your state generate money
and keep its membership interested and active.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Respond to the news group or to gyl at parrett.net